Our Real Estate practice is diverse and wide-ranging.
We represent institutional and entrepreneurial real estate investors, real estate developers, landlords and tenants, corporate owner-occupants, and high net worth families.
Our clients’ portfolios include commercial (office), industrial, mixed-use, retail, hotels, cooperatives, condominiums, and multi-family properties.
Our firm allways stays abreast of current trends, industry news and local laws by leading and serving in professional, industry, bar and community associations.
Our services include:
– Acquiring and selling office, commercial and multi-family residential properties.
– Commercial real estate financing, including acquisition, construction, mezzanine, leasehold and permanent financing transactions, workout negotiations and restructurings on behalf of lenders, owners and tenants.
– Retail, showroom, office, warehouse, triple net and other commercial leasing transactions on behalf of a broad spectrum of clients.
– Zoning and other governmental regulation of land use, including licensing.
– Tax certiorari proceedings and defense of eminent domain proceedings on behalf of real property owners and tenants.
– Estate planning for family-owned real estate, including creation of trusts, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies and structuring transactions, including gifts, annuities and sales.
– Residential real estate transactions on behalf of individuals and cooperative corporations.
Our real estate litigators focus on real estate and finance litigation, including:
– Distressed real estate or debt transactions, including due diligence.
– Lawsuits on behalf of sellers and buyers or property owners and commercial tenants.
– Joint venture, partnership or limited liability company disputes, especially where primary business is related to real estate.
We provide our clients with comprehensive and well-rounded advice by drawing upon the experience in our Corporate & Business Law, Environmental, Land Use & Government Relations, Tax and Litigation groups.